It’s been all things Kentucky Derby this week in the Preschool. It’s Louisville’s time to celebrate and we’re having our own Kentucky Derby celebration right here on the Goshen Campus on Wednesday, May 3rd. Invitations were sent home today for our Derby Races and Tea. Grandparents, parents, or special friends are invited to join us as we parade, run, and celebrate Louisville’s special day. The Parent Association sent a sign-up sheet via email this week for items needed to make this a special day for all of our guests.
The children are very excited about being able to visit the playground again with the warmer weather. Next week we will work on our garden box by planting seeds and flowers. To conclude our week of planting, on Friday the children will enjoy a program from Idlewild Butterfly Farm. The program will include touch-friendly insect ambassadors such as giant cockroaches and exotic walking sticks. We will then head outside for a ladybug release of 500 beetles.
- April 25th – 27th – Preschoolers work in the garden (dress accordingly)
- April 28th – Visit from Idlewild Butterfly Farm
- May 3rd – Derby Race and Tea & Grandparents’ Day at 11:00 a.m.
- May 5th – No School – Oaks Day
- May 8th – Paul Harshaw’s book reading for Preschool – 2nd grade
- May 12th – Muffins with Mom from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- May 24th – Last Big Sing of the year. David Beard’s slide show begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Multi-purpose room.
- May 24th – Last Day of School with early dismissal at 12:00 p.m.